Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable dot1x multiple-authentication

mattkaya56
Level 1
Level 1

Help

How can I enable dot1x multiple-authentication on 2948G. The image is 8.2(GLX).

Thanks in Advance

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am quoting it (see below) from the link I sent to you in the previous post. Based on that it looks like it's supported on the 2948G switch

The Cisco Catalyst® Operating System (Catalyst OS) Software Version 7.5(1) for the supervisor engine supports the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco Catalyst 4000/4500 Series multilayer switches (including the Cisco Catalyst 2948G, 4912G, and 2980G-A switches).

Pls. rate all helpful posts.

HTH,

Sundar

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Matt,

AFAIK, dot1x multiple host authentication isn't supported on 2948G switch.

HTH,

Sundar

Thanks for the response.

Any other product other than Cat6500 that supports this?

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

3550/4500 switches support multi-host feature. There may be more products out there.

Pls. rate helpful posts.

--Sundar

Hello Sundar,

Thanks for the response.

Multi-host does not give me what I want. I am looking for set port dot1x mod/port multiple-authentication which will force every mac on the port to undergo dot1x authentication. In the case of Multi-host only one of mac's need to authenticate - all the rest ride in for free.

I did locate a version 8.1 that supported this feature - can you please confirm if this is true.

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

Yes, the multiple-authentication feature is supported in 8.1 version. It appears it was introduced in version 7.5(1)as described in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_bulletin09186a0080125da0.html

--Sundar

Thanks again Sundar

Will it work on 2948G - according to 8.1 Command ref manual it does. Could you please confirm.

Thanks

Matt

I am quoting it (see below) from the link I sent to you in the previous post. Based on that it looks like it's supported on the 2948G switch

The Cisco Catalyst® Operating System (Catalyst OS) Software Version 7.5(1) for the supervisor engine supports the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco Catalyst 4000/4500 Series multilayer switches (including the Cisco Catalyst 2948G, 4912G, and 2980G-A switches).

HTH,

Sundar