cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 2.X where's the cm-term for callmanager?

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to test IP Communicator 2.0.1a in preparation for an upgrade for our users currently running 1.1.5. The cm-term callmanager load is no longer in the zip file?? Where can I find it?

thanks,

Mark

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like CiscoIPCommunicatorAdminToolSetup.exe has taken its place. If you look at the description of this and cmterm-Communicator-sccp.1-1-5-0.exe in the readme files linked below, you'll notice that they perform similar functions.

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-comm/cipc-README_FIRST.2-0-1a.txt

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-comm/cipc-README_FIRST.1-1-5.txt

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Hmmm the read me states that the admintoolsetup does the same thing for both releases. cmterm actually installs the phone load in release 1.1.5. Release 2.0.1a admintoolsetup states nothing about including a phone load. I've used the admintoolsetup in the past to enable HTTP upgrades and IP address auto detection.

Unless you're thinking they just decided to bundle the phone load in with the admintoolsetup? I hope not, that's un-necessaryily running like 3 things for no reason on a busy production server just to get the phone load installed. Plus the phone load installer I would think would be separate as you might have to install it on your SUB for secondary TFTP and might not want all that other stuff on your SUB. That other stuff seems better suited on the PUB.

I would have to agree. Ran into the same issue with testing the 2.0.1a. The AdminToolSetup just enables the HTTP and update settings. It doesn't place anything in the default TFTP directory for the phones to pull down, at least not that I can see.

For now, I'm stuck with 1.1.5 since the 2.0.1a initial loads will kick out an error when they try to downgrade to 1.1.5 through the automatic update.

Hi

Yes, this does kick out an AutoUpdate error, saying something along the lines that CIPC 1.x.x.x (where x.x.x is the version of the phone load on the server) cannot update via TFTP (or something to that effect.

Basically, to avoid the error, the only workaround that has been published/posted on this board is to go into the Device Defaults page and go to the IP Communicator and delete the phone load name (CIPC or CMTERM, whatever is there). On restarting the IP Communicator, the error disappears.

Obviously, this means that AutoUpdate does not function, but if one can do without that, then it may be worth using version 2.

Hope that helps

Rgds

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: