Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - 7912 loses Services

jason.panosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using Extension Mobility and we have a lot of 7912 phones that we are using the service with.

When logging onto Extension Mobility or when logging out of Extension Mobility the services option is lost from the phone.

Doing a **#** reset brings the service back, but is there anyway to cause the phone to hard reset whenever Extension Mobility is logged in/out?

Other than this error, the 7912 phones seem to work fine with Extension Mobility.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What version CM is this ? Have you subscribed the UDP with logout service ? What happens when you hit the services button after loggin in ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My version of CCM is:

System Version 3.3(4)sr2.

Administration Version 3.3(0.161)

Installation ID 3.3(4)sr2

Ok, now you need to tell me what UDP represents in this context, it is normally a networking protocol, so I do not think that would be right in this context.

Just as reference, normally our phones have 1: Messages, 2: Directories, 3: Settings, 4: Services

What I have seen so far:

Case 1: When I login, the option 4: Services is not available. Reset phone it is back.

Case 2: When I login the option 4: Services is there, but when I logout it is not there until I reset the phone.

Case 3: After logon and logout the option is there, but after the Auto Logout period expires the option is gone.

Thanks.

Hi,

this looks a lot like http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsb55707

You will need a ES / SR to fix this

regards

bernhard

Hello Bernhard,

I could not navigate to the URL you posted. I have contacted Cisco to find out about this.

Thanks.

The bug id says this:

Symptom:

7905 and 7912 phones lose service softkey after EM phone config activation.

Conditions:

7905, 7912 phones

Workaround:

none unless use phones other than 7905 and 7912.

Here are the versions on which this problem is fixed.

4.1(3)ES38, 4.1(2)ES61, 4.0(02a)ES66, 3.3(5)ES33,

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: