cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fully Meshed ATM Soft-PVC's

kgeisler
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, I have network of 8510's with 7206's in a hub and spoke design with each spoke using a single soft-PVC to the hub. I would like to create a fully meshed design by having each 8510 using a soft-pvc to each other 8510. My question is should each 8510 create their own pvc to every other 8510 (n-1 soft pvcs), or does the first 8510 use (n-1) pvcs, then the next 8510 only needs (n-2) pvcs? Since the first 8510 soft-pcv creates a connection to the next 8510, does this 8510 neeed a soft-pvc back to the first one?

3 Replies 3

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

SoftPVCs are bi-directional so you if you create a SoftPVC on router1 with a destination of router2, you don't need to create another one on router2 with a destination of router2.

In a network of 'n' devices, a fully-meshed PVC scenario should result in n*(n-1)/2 PVCs.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

That's what I thought. So the first 8510 will have the most soft-pvc's defined in the config, and then each next 8510 will have one less soft-pvc defined in its own config?

That is absolutely correct.

Pls do remember to rate posts.

Paresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card