Domain controller cannot be contacted - Unable to Add, Delete in SA Web

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2006

Unity 4.1.1

Exchange 2003 SP1 offbox

All of a sudden, I log into SA Web, I cannot do any Subscriber Adds or Deletes. They Save, Add, and Delete buttons are grayed out. When I hover my mouse on top of them, I get this message:

The Domain controller for [domain path] cannot be contacted. Add is temporarily not allowed.

The operation of Unity is working normally and I have logged in and out of the server, but I just cannot add any adds or deletes of subscribers. Does anyone know of a fix besides rebooting the server? Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stu.packett Mon, 04/17/2006 - 09:04

Unity is already connected to a domain controller, so that tool would not help in this situation. It's very strange, DCGC say's I'm connected to a DC, but the SA Web say's I'm not. Any other ideas?

r-thatcher Mon, 04/17/2006 - 09:47

Did you try to "Force" a reconnect? You can also look at the Application Event Log on the Unity server to see if you have any errors or warnings about losing a connection to the DC. The DC in that tool will still show a DC even if your not connected.

stu.packett Wed, 04/19/2006 - 11:17

The DC and GC is local. To update everyone, I restarted the Unity servers and all is well. I don't know how this happened as nothing appeared in my event logs. Everything was working fine, I just couldn't do any AD changes. Thanks everyone.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted April 17, 2006 at 7:53 AM
Stats:
Replies:5 Avg. Rating:
Views:693 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points
1 5,913