Helpful
Replies

Domain controller cannot be contacted - Unable to Add, Delete in SA Web

stu.packett
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.1.1

Exchange 2003 SP1 offbox

All of a sudden, I log into SA Web, I cannot do any Subscriber Adds or Deletes. They Save, Add, and Delete buttons are grayed out. When I hover my mouse on top of them, I get this message:

The Domain controller for [domain path] cannot be contacted. Add is temporarily not allowed.

The operation of Unity is working normally and I have logged in and out of the server, but I just cannot add any adds or deletes of subscribers. Does anyone know of a fix besides rebooting the server? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

r-thatcher
Level 1
Level 1

You can use the tool in the link below to force a reconnect to the domain controller. I would read the help file and view the training video if you have time. The tool is available in the Tools Depot on the Unity server desktop under the Administration Tools section.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DCGCReconnect.htm

Unity is already connected to a domain controller, so that tool would not help in this situation. It's very strange, DCGC say's I'm connected to a DC, but the SA Web say's I'm not. Any other ideas?

Did you try to "Force" a reconnect? You can also look at the Application Event Log on the Unity server to see if you have any errors or warnings about losing a connection to the DC. The DC in that tool will still show a DC even if your not connected.

Is your GC/DC local or located across a WAN?

The DC and GC is local. To update everyone, I restarted the Unity servers and all is well. I don't know how this happened as nothing appeared in my event logs. Everything was working fine, I just couldn't do any AD changes. Thanks everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: