Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1242AG

r_rsaroya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am ready to order Aironet 1242AG for my small office but confused by which antenna to order with it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi r rsaroya,

Without doing a site survey it is always hard to say which antenna will be the best for the given environment. Why don't you have a read on the following docs and hopefully the diagrams etc. will help you decide:

Cisco Aironet 1200 Series

Cisco Aironet Antenna Reference Guide

Small Office/Small Retail-The standard dipole may provide adequate coverage in these areas depending on the location of the radio device. However, in a back corner office a patch antenna may provide better coverage. It can be mounted to the wall above most obstructions for best performance. Coverage of this type antenna depends on the surrounding environment.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

Cisco Aironet 1200 Series

Cisco Aironet 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Antennas and Accessories

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_data_sheet09186a008022b11b.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

Should i be considering a 2.4 or 5 GHz antenna.

SS

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi SS,

Antenna questions are always tough without seeing the actual office layout.But don't forget the 2.4Ghz supports 802.11b/g traffic and the 5Ghz supports 802.11a standard so you need to think about your clients.My understanding is that the 1242AG is a "dual band" AP and as such can support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz antennas which would be optimum if your office requires coverage for 802.11 a/b/g clients.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.......

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card