Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

cm-pilot

Unanswered Question
Apr 18th, 2006
User Badges:

Just reading through the CIsco gateway gatekeeper training material, in the SRST mode, it explains the cm-pilot. I understand how to use aa-pilot for AA purpose. Does anybody have experince on cm-pilot? What's the difference between this and aa-pilot? why we need it?Thanks

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
dgahm Tue, 04/18/2006 - 14:33
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

When using the SRST TCL script in a Call Manager environment the CM-pilot is the target DN for incoming calls to the peer running the SRST app. In our case the pilot is a call center route point. When the CM-pilot is unreachable (usually because the WAN link is down) the script will play the en_welcome prompt which is the autoattendant "dial a number or 0 for operator". This allows for non-DID access to remote site phones that are operating in fallback mode.

I haven't used the aa-pilot, but it seems to be used in a Call Manager Express setup, rather than for SRST in Call Manager.

Please rate helpful posts.

ciscoforum Thu, 04/20/2006 - 07:45
User Badges:

aa-pilot is supported under srst too. I tested it actually plays the same greeting as cm-pilot. don't know why they have both. But anyway thanks for your help.

thisisshanky Mon, 08/14/2006 - 22:01
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

David,

I am a little unclear on the cm-pilot piece ? Does this work only on a h323 gateway (with SRST)? If the gateway is in MGCP mode, how does cm-pilot command help, as all call info is backhauled via MGCP to callmanager.

Sankar.

Actions

This Discussion