cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP/VC 3511 or 3540 MCU

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to Cisco IP video technology. We are running CCMv4.1(3). Just want to verify if I have no Cisco IP/VC 3511 or 3540 MCU devices, only video end-to-end call can support. Also we have few sccp tandberg devices and would like to try to register with CCMv4.1(3) directly. Any setup manual url link would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

standardbankipt
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

without the MCU only IP point to point video can be achieved. With a Gatekeeper you can make calls using CVTA to H323 devices also.

With the TANDBERG MXP you configure them exactly like any other IP Phone. Make sure you put these in different device pools, region etc. for Video bandwith and we found that we had to have audio @ G711.

hope this helps,

Thanks.

As you said, "With a Gatekeeper you can make calls using CVTA to H323 devices also."

The tandberg devices we are having are loading with H.323 software code. In this case, an IOS gatekeeper is a must in order to register those Tandberg h.323 devices to CCMv4.1(3) via the gateway. Would like to verfiy only a IOS router is needed in terms of hardware requirement. Thanks.

It is possible to register the Tandberg H.323 endpoints with CallManager directly as H.323 clients, providing the Tandberg has a static IP address. There is a configuration option on the Tandbergs to specify a CallManager IP address for H.323 RAS for calls placed from the Tandbergs.

I did find that this worked with one Tandberg MXP T1000 with one firmware revision, but not with another with different firmware. The workaround was to register it with an IOS Gatekeeper (which gives the flexibility of accommodating endpoints with dynamic IP addresses). A gatekeeper-controller H.225 trunk is then set up between CallManager and IOS Gatekeeper. This also gives additional options for Call Admission Control.

Thanks for the advice. It's helpful.

Currently we have a Tandberg 990MXP and a Tandberg 880MXP. Any idea if they can register to CCM directly? Thanks in advance.

From the product portfolio I have here, the 880MXP and 990MXP are not listed as having a CallManager (SCCP) firmware revision. However, with an H.323 firmware load, then they they can be added to CallManager as H.323 clients. The Skinny (SCCP) load makes the device feel like an IP Phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: