Views
Helpful
Replies

Mass import of MAC address

scschewep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm setting up my ACS server using MAC address to authenticate. I've over 1500 MAC addresses thus is there any way to mass import the MAC addresses into the ACS?

With regards

6 Replies 6

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I haven't seen any scripts for ACS, but there are scripts for MS servers/Active Directory out on microsoft.com.

If you load the MACs from a file into MS AD, then use the AD as your backing authentication, it should work jus' fine.

If you load the MACs into a group with no domain privieleges, you should still be safe (or, at least, no additional loss of security).

FWIW

Scott

nathana
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, create a text file (in the utils directory) that looks like this:

ADD::CSDB::PROFILE:

of course is the address of the card, and the is what profile you want it entered into.

I do my in groups of about 40, but that's so I can keep it straight (and the boxes come in sizes of 40). I also use excel so I can copy the first MAC Address column (username) with the second MAC column (password) to speed it up. I save it as a csv, then use notepad to replace all the commas with colons.

After that, command prompt and cd into the utils directory.

c:\ACS\Utils> csutil -i .txt

That should do it. I do all my bulk imports that way.

Hi Nathana,

thanks for your reply. Does this method works for ACS ver 4.0?

I did manage to find some steps but have yet to confirm its credibility.

Thanks!

I am upgrading to version 4 in 2 weeks. Guess I will have ot find out then.

Hi Nathana, any updates on your ACS 4 ?

Hi

Is it possible to add the realname and description field using this Csutility along with the MAC address input

Regards

Rajeev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: