Views
Helpful
Replies

How to do scheduled PORT shutdown on 3560

mis-cs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to somehow shut down a port or limit traffic on that port between 10pm and 6am Mon Fri.

We are using 3560 with IOS 12.2(25) running layer 2 vlans in access ports. I would like to be able to shut one of the ports down on a schedule. I have tried creating time-range acls but they wont work as advertised. If I apply the acl to the layer 2 port, it takes affect right away, not on a planned schedule. I create the time-range, and the acl for that time-range no problem. But even though it says "active", there is nothing happening as scheduled. Is time-range a consideration for scheduled port access on layer 2 or should we be looking at a different type of tool ?

1 Reply 1

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try using the IOS Command Scheduler feature, which should be available in the IOS version you use.

For more information on that feature, please refer to the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_feature_guide09186a00801b0695.html

Hope this helps,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: