Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP BETWEEN 6509 & 3750 ROUTER

safe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Is anyone is running HSRP between 6509 and 3750 ROuter.Need your ideas.

TIA

Regards

SAM.

5 Replies 5

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I assume you are talking about the MSFC (or routing module) in the 6509 ? The HSRP setup/configuration is the same as between any routers, what are you running into specifically ?

Regards,

GNT

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Sam,

What would you like to know?

HSRP config will remain same on both the boxes with same set of commands. Only things you need to take care is incase you are running catos on cat6k you have to login to msfc to configure HSRP commands.

Regards,

Ankur

Thnks Ankur ,

I will tell you my network setup.

Current set up

Customer POP router ------>6509( FWSM in routing mode ) ----- Two Aggrigation Router ( Working HSRP ) ----- THEN TO REMOTE LOCATIONS

TO MAKE REDUNDANDANT LINK I WILL TAKE 2 ETHERNET PORT FROM CUSTOMER ROUTER ONE WILL GO TO 6509 & OTHER WILL GO TO 8750 MODULE.

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY REQUIREMENT.

THNAKS

sam

Hi Sam,

Correct me If I am wrong. What you want is to have 2 links from Customer POP router. One to 6509 as you already have and another to 3750 switch so that if in any case any link goes down you still be able to reach the active aggrigation router right?

If this is what you want you can for sure configure HSRP between 6509 and 3750. And configure customer POP router with default gateway or whatever route you may define on POP router to reach 6509 with HSRP virtual router so that it can also reach 3750 incase link to 6509 fails.

Incase this is not what you want please elaborate further on your HSRP requirement.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Thks Ankur ,

MY HSRP requirement is that

1) Now in my 6509 routing is down by FWSM, while MSFC just for Vlan mapping work as L2 only.

2) How can i config HSRP between 6509 and 3750 Router

3) To achive auto redundancy with 6509 & 3750 i hv to config HSRP config in Customer Router which pointed to Virtual IP of Vlan which i config in 6509 & 3750.

4) I dont want any major change in customer network.

Case 1 ) If support primary ethernet of customer router which terminate on 6509 goes down then traffic should flow in this manner

Customer Router ---->Ethernet 2---- > 3750 Router ---->6509 -----3725 (PRimary )----- > Remotess

Case 2) If 6509 fails then how traffic will shift on 3725 router as both are connected to 6509

For two 3725 Router which work on HSRP for that is not problem if any one router fails

Hope you got wht i need.

THanks & Regars

SAM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: