Views
Helpful
Replies

How to route calls when Unity fails.

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.1(1) and CM 4.1(3)sr2, following is my configuration

I have a route point that transfers the call to Unity (forward all is checked ) and a call handler answers. This works fine when Unity is up and working.

When Unity fails, the calls obviously ring busy. I want to route the calls to a receptionist when Unity fails. Is there a way to accomplish this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I get it now. All you need to do is set the call forward no answer on the Hunt Pilot to the desired destination.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

csummey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm still running CM 3.3 so I'm not familiar with 4.1 CTI route points. On my setup the CTI routepoints have an option for forward on failure that should work for what you're trying to do. Maybe 4.1 has it too. I would think that it should.

HTH

That feature only works for IPCC (since the routepoint is registered), not for callmanager.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure if this help. Never tried it. Just an idea.

a. Add a new Cisco IP phone 7960 or 7940 (any physical ip phone and not a CTI route point, CTI port. Give a dummy mac-address. Assign the phone an extension which is same as the call handler in Unity.

CFwd all on this line to voice mail.

b. Create a line group with the above ip phone as first member and second member being the receptionist phone.

c. Map the line group with a hunt list and hunt pilot. The hunt pilot should be what people should be dialing to reach the Call handler defined in Unity. On the line group settings, you can define what you want to do if the first member is busy or did not answer.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate postS!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

this did not work. Call still fails...

Have you tried setting CallFwdBusy and CallFwdNoAnswer on the CTI RP to point to the Attendnat DN, I belive this should do it.

Chris

it did not fix it, call still fails

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

Why don't you have a translation pattern, instead of the CTI RP, that you can have it call the HuntPilot and have the calling number field what ever you want it. Thus you can let the HuntList handle how your regular voicemail failsover, if both Primary and Secondary Unity servers are down, like have it call the receptionist or whatever.

Translation Pattern

Pattern = "Your CTI RP #"

Partition = "CTI RP from above was in"

CSS = let it just call your Hunt Pilot

Translate called number = "VM Hunt Pilot"

Translate calling number = "CTI RP #"

You could do this on the GW if you have H323 VGW's.

Brian

OK, I get it now. All you need to do is set the call forward no answer on the Hunt Pilot to the desired destination.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks, Chris. That did it.