cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic video setup using ccm

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

Just want to setup a very simple video enviroment in the lab to test 4.13 video feature? I am thinking to use the following devices:

1.CCM 4.13

2. 2 7970(Does this support video?

Anything else do I need? I don't think I need MCU stuff for two endpoint video session, right?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

The 7970 IP Phone supports Cisco VT Advantage (a USB camera plugged into each IP Phone's connected PC). A video call will be made if both endpoints are video-capable. An MCU is only required for multipoint conferences.

Video shows on phone or on the pc? Thanks

The video is displayed on the PC through the Cisco VT Advantage software. If you want more of an all-in-one solution, take a look at the 7985 IP Phone which incorporates a video camera and screen.

Thanks very much. So basically since the video is on the pc, it doesn't matter what phones I use, I can even plug pc directly into switch as long as the video software is loaded on the pc, right?

You'll need a 7940/7960/7970 (or 7941/61/71) IP Phone for use with Cisco VT Advantage. However, with the upcoming Cisco VTA Release 2, it will be possible to use it alongside the Cisco IP Communicator softphone.

Please rate any useful posts.

Thanks. Why we need phone is it because the VTA doesn't have dial function?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: