cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-T= with 3750-24TS

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

Does anybody know if the GLC-T= 1000Base-T SFP module works in a 3750-24TS switch? And if it does, can I bond 2 GLC-T modules in an etherchannel pair connected to a 3750G-24T switch?

Thanks,

Diego

3 Replies 3

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

Yes it is supported. Please check the compatibility matrix at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps5455/products_device_support_table09186a0080446625.html

I do not think you should have any issues in bonding them to other UTP ports in a second switch. That being said it is always good to test this in a lab before trying in production.

Wow, that table is confusing. There are two columns, one labeled Catalyst OS and the other called IOS. The 3750 family shows "not supported" in the Catalyst OS column and a minimun IOS level in the other column. Which column should I be looking at? Can a device have/run both types of OS?

Thanks,

Diego

Ignore the CatOS column for the 3750s as these switches run the IOS only. Of all the existing Catalyst switches only the 6500 series (AFAIK) are capable or running CatOS (called Hybrid mode) and IOS (called Native mode).

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: