cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4Mb Leased line on 1721?

imran_mcse
Level 1
Level 1

We have a cisco 1721 router with one one WIC-1T. We are using this router to use 2Mb internet leased line. Its working good. Now we have increased our bandwidth from 2Mb to 4Mb. I have listend that this Serial card support only 2Mb maximum. So please guide me that what sort of hardware I need to use the full 4Mb internet leased line?

5 Replies 5

shivaguntu
Level 1
Level 1

You need a 26 series for 4Mb

good, but WIC-1T will support 4Mbps or I have to use WIC-2T, But both these cards support maximum 2Mbps, So what is your recommendation in this situation?

If anybody can then give me the complete devices list for this 4Mbps internet leased line. I mean which router, which WAN card and cables?

Hi

Better go for a WIC - 2T card which can help you to connect upto 2 E1s .

Incase of WIC-2T you need to have smart serial cables ...

do refer this link for more info..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_data_sheet09186a00800920ec.html

regds

I have one line of 4 Mbps instead of 2 Lines. So I am not saying that I want to use only on 1700.

I will buy completely other hardware. But what sort of hardware I should buy to use 4Mbps Internet leased line? This is my question?

Hi

Whats the input mode (like rj 45 output or some other mode) you expect to connect your router in otherways whats the output you are going to have from your SP or Telco ?

regds

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card