Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Administrator P/W reset?

christian.testa
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to reset the Directory Administrator password using

CCMPWDChanger but of course I need to know the existing DA password. Is there another way to reset this??

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Cisco CallManager Administration also uses the Directory Manager account to perform add, remove, or update operations on the DC Directory LDAP server.

Configuring the Windows Registry

Use the following procedure to update the information that is stored in the registry to ensure that the registry is pointing to the correct directory.

1. Open a command line and enter c:\dcdsrvr\bin.

2. Enter the passwordutils.exe password.

passwordutils.exe password

3. Press Enter.

You need the Encrypted Password value information for the registry.

4. Choose Start > Run.

5. In the Open field, enter regedit.

The Registry Editor window displays.

6. Go to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration.

LDAPURL must point to the correct directory.

ldap://host:port

7. Double-click DCDMGRPW.

The Edit String window appears.

8. In the Value Data field, enter the Encrypted Password value that you obtained in step 3.

9. Click OK.

10. From the Registry Editor window, double-click MGRPW.

The Edit String window appears.

11. In the Value Data field, enter the Encrypted Password value that you obtained in step 3.

12. Click OK.

You have successfully changed the password in the registry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note After changing the registry entries, you must restart the WWW and IIS services on the Cisco CallManager node to pick up the latest settings from the registry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Choose Control Panel > Administrative Tools.

14. Double-click Services.

The Services window displays.

15. Choose Worldwide Web Publishing Service.

16. Click Stop.

17. Click Start.

18. Choose DC Directory Server.

19. Click Stop.

20. Click Start.

If you are using Cisco Customer Response Solutions (CRS), Cisco IPCC Express 3.5(x), or Cisco CallManager Extended Services 3.5(x), go to the "Reconfiguring Directory Manager Password for CRS and Extended Services" procedure that follows.

Hi Gonzalo

Thanks for your answer.

But, this procedure only change the CallManager password to access the DC Directory. The CallManager uses the Directory Manager password to access the DC directory and it uses the password stored in the registry. Do I am right?

I need to recover the DC Directory Manager Password.

Alex

Ok lets make it easier

Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\DCDMGRPW, the passwords is encrypted so you will need to send it to me so

I can decrypt it for you.

gogasca at cisco dot com

0c0a000a2c

This should be cisco

Thanks, Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: