cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client v4.8 for Windows -- Install fails without error reporting.

jeffe.ivany
Level 1
Level 1

Installing VPN Client v4.8 for Windows on an HP nc6000 w. XP SP2 as local administrator.

Setup.exe launches the installer, prompts for directory to install to, (default is chosen), progress bar shows files being copied.

Once the copy portion is finished, a DOS window flashes in the upper left of the window, and the installer exits with no error messages.

A check of the install directory on the C:\ shows that no files were actually copied to the machine.

(This behavior was originally demonstrated on the same laptop with Client version 3.6.6. I grabbed 4.8 to see if the same symptoms were found.)

Anti Virus software was disabled during the installation process.

Does anyone have any experience with this specific problem? Googling for 'Cisco VPN Client does not complete installation' returns only a bazillionty results.

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Check if you are running any "personal firewall" on your machine. If so, uninstall the "personal Firewall" and then try installing the VPN client. If successful, then reinstall the "personal firewall".

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

You migth want to turn on logging as the installation is performed ( either useing teh msi or executable ) to find out what is causung the issue ..

I hope it helps .. pleae rate it if it does !!!

The following command installs the VPN Client and includes a log of all information (*v). It also

specifies sending each line to the log file (!).

msiexec /i vpnclient_en.msi /l*v! vpnclient_msi.log

The following command installs the VPN Client and logs all information to a log file.

vpnclient_en.exe /l*v! vpnclient_msi.log

jeffe.ivany
Level 1
Level 1

Still looking for help with this issue.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: