Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

ip phone 7940

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2006
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hello, not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but...

Does anyone know of a replace for # when you want to send the digits out from a IP phone?

In analog phone, if I dial a number I can send a termination character # to make things faster.

How can I do the same on the IP phone?

2> If someone calls me on a IP phone, and I want to end this call without answering it or sending it to the voice mail, is there a way?

Thanks,

Vlad

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
thisisshanky Sun, 04/30/2006 - 10:01
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Vlad,

Is this CCME or Callmanager ?

In CCME, you have a built in softkey called DND which, when you push it will silence the call, and if you have a CF setting (to voicemail), pushing the DND soft key will send the call straight to voicemail.

In Callmanager, unfortunately DND is available only with IPManager/Assistant feature, where you can divert all calls to Assistant, and she may transfer them to voicemail or answer the call for you!

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Rob Huffman Mon, 05/01/2006 - 05:33
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Vlad,

Here is a little more information for you;

1>

END-OF-DIALING

This single character identifies the end of the dialed-digit string. The # character serves as the end-of-dialing signal for international numbers that are dialed within the NANP.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed67d.html#wp1032663

2>

Immediate Divert

The Immediate Divert feature allows you to immediately divert a call to a voice-messaging system. When the call gets diverted, the line becomes available to make or receive new calls.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3b88.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

vladrac-ccna Tue, 05/02/2006 - 08:20
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Hello,

thanks for the replies,

unfortunatelly, Immediate Divert wont solve my problem (Ive tried this before). I would like to end the call without answering at all (dont send it to VM).

And the # didnt work , this is why Ive posted here to find a different solution.

I'll try it again and test to see what is causing the problem.

Thanks again,

Vlad

Actions

This Discussion