cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone 7940

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but...

Does anyone know of a replace for # when you want to send the digits out from a IP phone?

In analog phone, if I dial a number I can send a termination character # to make things faster.

How can I do the same on the IP phone?

2> If someone calls me on a IP phone, and I want to end this call without answering it or sending it to the voice mail, is there a way?

Thanks,

Vlad

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Vlad,

Is this CCME or Callmanager ?

In CCME, you have a built in softkey called DND which, when you push it will silence the call, and if you have a CF setting (to voicemail), pushing the DND soft key will send the call straight to voicemail.

In Callmanager, unfortunately DND is available only with IPManager/Assistant feature, where you can divert all calls to Assistant, and she may transfer them to voicemail or answer the call for you!

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vlad,

Here is a little more information for you;

1>

END-OF-DIALING

This single character identifies the end of the dialed-digit string. The # character serves as the end-of-dialing signal for international numbers that are dialed within the NANP.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed67d.html#wp1032663

2>

Immediate Divert

The Immediate Divert feature allows you to immediately divert a call to a voice-messaging system. When the call gets diverted, the line becomes available to make or receive new calls.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3b88.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Hello,

thanks for the replies,

unfortunatelly, Immediate Divert wont solve my problem (Ive tried this before). I would like to end the call without answering at all (dont send it to VM).

And the # didnt work , this is why Ive posted here to find a different solution.

I'll try it again and test to see what is causing the problem.

Thanks again,

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: