cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone 7940

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, not sure if this is the correct place for this post, but...

Does anyone know of a replace for # when you want to send the digits out from a IP phone?

In analog phone, if I dial a number I can send a termination character # to make things faster.

How can I do the same on the IP phone?

2> If someone calls me on a IP phone, and I want to end this call without answering it or sending it to the voice mail, is there a way?

Thanks,

Vlad

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Vlad,

Is this CCME or Callmanager ?

In CCME, you have a built in softkey called DND which, when you push it will silence the call, and if you have a CF setting (to voicemail), pushing the DND soft key will send the call straight to voicemail.

In Callmanager, unfortunately DND is available only with IPManager/Assistant feature, where you can divert all calls to Assistant, and she may transfer them to voicemail or answer the call for you!

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vlad,

Here is a little more information for you;

1>

END-OF-DIALING

This single character identifies the end of the dialed-digit string. The # character serves as the end-of-dialing signal for international numbers that are dialed within the NANP.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed67d.html#wp1032663

2>

Immediate Divert

The Immediate Divert feature allows you to immediately divert a call to a voice-messaging system. When the call gets diverted, the line becomes available to make or receive new calls.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3b88.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

Hello,

thanks for the replies,

unfortunatelly, Immediate Divert wont solve my problem (Ive tried this before). I would like to end the call without answering at all (dont send it to VM).

And the # didnt work , this is why Ive posted here to find a different solution.

I'll try it again and test to see what is causing the problem.

Thanks again,

Vlad