Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CSA v5.0 Reports not working.

Unanswered Question
May 3rd, 2006
User Badges:

I have VMS 2.3 and CSA 5.0 installed on a GSX VMWare Guest Server. CSA runs fine except that all reports fail to run with the following error: Error: Could not connect to the Web Component Server.

I have reinstalled CSA several times which appears fool proof enough without any success, I wondered if anybody had any similar issues?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
a-vazquez Tue, 05/09/2006 - 12:03
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Before deploying Cisco Security Agents (CSA) on a large scale, it is critical that you run a manageable and modest initial pilot of the product. Even in a CSA upgrade situation, a pilot program is required. Due to the unique configuration of every individual enterprise, the pre-configured policies that ship with CSA will not fit every site perfectly. A certain amount of policy tuning is always necessary. This tuning is best done on a small sample of systems that are representative of the whole.

Once the pilot is operating satisfactorily, with CSA protecting systems using properly tuned policies, you can turn your pilot into a larger deployment.

The following sections provide a guideline for conducting a pilot of CSA and deploying the product on a large scale.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00805aec7a.html

tsteger1 Tue, 05/09/2006 - 12:31
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

Yes, make sure the Seagate Page Server and Seagate Web Component Server are running. If they are present but not started, start them and try and run the reports again. If the are not present or cannot start, there are other issues and you may need a new VM.

Tom S

Actions

This Discussion