cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

having trouble redistribute a eigrp route into BGP

tanszewee
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of implementing a vendor supplied MPLS WAN which uses BGP between the CE and PE routers. We are using EIGRP on the current Frame-Rely LAN\WAN

i cannot get BGP route into EIGRP in router C

eg

Router A

router eigrp 123

redistribute bgp 45678 metric 2048 1000 255 1 1500 route-map redistibute_bgp_eigrp_next_hop

network x.x.x.x

no auto-summary

!

router bgp 45678

no synchronization

bgp log-neighbor-changes

network x.x.x.x mask 255.255.255.0

redistribute eigrp 123 route-map redistribute_eigrp_bgp

neighbor x.x.x.x remote-as xxxxx

no auto-summary

!

router c

router eigrp 123

network x.x.x.x

no auto-summary

4 Replies 4

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Based on the above configurations there is nothing wrong but could you provide us with the route-maps lines even the ourput from the show route-map redistibute_bgp_eigrp_next_hop.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

Note: My request based on there is redistibution has been done well and the bgp route shown on the show ip route eigrp in router-A

cisand2002
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

Can you add this under your bgp process :

!

router bgp 45678

bgp redistribute-internal

!

and let me know.

baldy
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked that the redistributed route is sitting in the EIGRP topology table on router A? Just cos its in the route table doesn't man its in the topology table. If not, you can't expect C to have it either. If it's in A's topology table but not C's then you may need to restart the EIGRP peering to kick it into life. EIGRP can be funny like that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: