Views
Helpful
Replies

Legacy 2621 w/ NM-2W and 4 x VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI Cards

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Question:

Can anyone confirm whether this can be done or not? I've found some docs, but nothing that says in black and white that this is possible..or not.

We have a particular situation where we'd like to take a legacy 2621 (16/64) and add a NM-2W. We'd then like to run 4 sets of 2 port Drop and Insert cards. Basically, connecting four remote sites to the first port on each card and dropping 8 channels to the PBX connected on port 2 of each card.

Can the 2621 support 4 cards, with 4 channel-groups, and TDM cross connects on each card?

Thanks!

Vance

1 Reply 1

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I think it will handle it with no problem. I have seen something very similiar work with no issues. I know that you might have to upgrade your IOS depending on the D and I cards you are using.

Is this for tie lines to remote locations. so you can have centralized voice mail and 4 digit dialing and then using the remaining channels for data?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card