Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Simplest way to POC IPT over MPLS IPVPN Link

Unanswered Question
May 4th, 2006
User Badges:

We’re helping one of our subsidiary to migrate from the frame-relay to MPLS-IPVPN, the integration part for network is almost done. But since the bandwidth allocated is quite substantial, they came out the idea of VOIP using the same IP-VPN link.

Since the CE equipment is fairly simple, a 2611XM. What other things I’ll required in order to POC that the VOIP can use the current IP-VPN link as well? Now the subsidiary (HQ nor branches) has nothing related to VOIP. What’s the cheapest way to POC the VOIP thing? We just need to show them the call can be made over the IP-VPN link. Nothing more nothing less.

List of Equipments (In my mind)

i. Few IP phones (depends of the POC sites)

ii. Switches (for IP phone connection and Voice Gateway Connection)

iii. A VOIP server located at HQ (can the router act as a VOIP server as well)?

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
ajaykamboj Thu, 05/04/2006 - 22:19
User Badges:

Ans to iii:- Just for the Demo, you can use a 2800 series Router with Voice IOS. It can work as Callmanager Express Server and Gateway. On the other end you can Provide Statice Configuration to Phone, so that it can register to your CCME.

Full version of Callmanager can be installed on MCS Server provided by Cisco. (Just for demo i wont spend $$$).

networknoobs Fri, 05/05/2006 - 02:54
User Badges:

So can i save to say that here's the list of equipment i'll ever need for the demo.

Headquarter

i. 2811 with Voice IOS (act as the CE router and the Express Server)

ii. 2950 for the IP Phone connection

Branches

i. 2811 with Voice IOS (act as the CE router and voice gateway)

ii. 2950 for the IP Phone connection

Is that all?

Actions

This Discussion