cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster switch and etherchannels

j.canastero
Level 1
Level 1

I`m configuring etherchannel between two catalyst 2950 stacked using gbic gigastack 3500XL and two gbic 1000BaseT to form the port group, I configured a cluster with both switches and I tried to connect to a Stacked core switch 3750, but when I connected the second gbic 1000BaseT the network fails.

Is possible setting up Etherchannel between two different switches using a cluster configuration to a core switch 3750?

Jesus Canastero

3 Replies 3

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jesus,

Are you trying to create a channel such that one port is on one switch, and the other is on another switch in each stack?

If so, this is not supported for the gigastacked switches. We do support cross-stack etherchannels for 3750s but on the 2950/3500xl stacks you'll have to keep each port in the channel local to the same switch.

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Bobby

Mmmm... well... nothing to do!..

Is there some article that have something about this'?

Thanks in advance

Jesus

Hi Jesus,

Support for cross-stack etherchannels is mentioned here for the 3750:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008017ed8f.html

Lack of support for cross-stack etherchannels for gigastacked switches is not explicitly mentioned in any document, however. The lack of support is implied by not being listed among the supported features.

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.