cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS loading Problem

mansoor_nawaz78
Level 1
Level 1

First i delete the default IOS, then i try to copy a new IOS through TFTP, but this type of problem i face, Packets drop

Loading c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA7.bin from 192.168.0.2 (via Vlan1): !!.!!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!!!.!.!!.!.!!.!.!!.!.!!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!!.!!.!.!.!.!.!!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!!!.!.!.!

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mansoor,

Is your TFTP server directly connected to the switch if yes can you check the speed and duplex settings on tftp server as well as switch port.

Try with manual speed and duplex setting as 100 and full and see if this resolves the issue.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

recently i updated diffrenet switches through this TFTP, its not a tftp or any duplex problem

Hi Mansoor,

Understand that you updated many switches with this tftp server but you never know how this switchport is negotiating with the nic of the tftp server.

Just check the "sh int " on the swithport to which you have connected the tftp server and see if there are any errors or drops.

Regards,

Ankur

Just for kicks, try this. The C2950 switch can act as a tftp server for other switches, so as a troubleshooting method select a switch (already updated) that is directly connected to the switch having trouble and configure it to act as a tftp server going to global configuration mode and type "tftp-server flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA7.bin". Then go to the problem switch and attempt the tftp download from the eighbor switch.

If the download is good, repeat with a switch closer to the tftp server to check the path, if not then repeat with a neighboring switch on another port to attempt isolation of the problem to a particular port.

Brian