Views
Helpful
Replies

Query regarding network design

rawatmohinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks...

Actually I have to design a network with one data center and 16 different locations connected to data center . Data center is in delhi and 16 remote sites are spread all over India.

So which technology I will use to support the infrastucture with cost effectiveness.

I have attached the fig. and information in the mail...

Waiting for ur replies...

Thanks and Regards

Mahi

4 Replies 4

cisand2002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mahi,

If remote site require connection to only HQ then FR should the most cost effective solution.

You will end up with 16 frame relay pvc at the HQ.

Now regarding the question when configuring FR is what will be the size of the FR pvc between HQ and remote site.(don't forget you need CIR/Burst + symetric or no?)

This will depend on the nature of traffic you have between those 2 locations and the number of users.

Let say you have 10 users at remote end.

each user use a citrix connection (5k) to HQ if all are connected at the same time you need 50K for citrix traffic. If this is critical for you I will say CIR 64K and burst depending on other kind for pplication/traffic.

Hope this give laready an idea on the questions you need to answer for you network design.

Regards,

Cisand

rawatmohinder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisand,

Thanks for ur reply....

OK

Take the case of CIR on each remote site be 64K, so what will be the CIR rate for HO router and how much bandwidth i will require for HO.

Regards

Mahi

Hello

This also will depend on remote site way of using their connection to HQ.

If all remote site start a 8:00 am and all start using their 64K CIR then you need at least 16x64k.

If usage is different and lower go for 1024 CIR the fine tune with ISP.

HTH,

Regards,

cisand

HI Cisand,

Thanks a lot for replying...

Which protocols will be the best to use in this frame realy enviroment.

Thanks and Regards

Mahi