cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Teleworker with Ip Communicator and CCME 4.0

a-cardenas
Level 1
Level 1

We try to do works the Ip Communicator with Cisco VPN Client.

We don't have a problem with the IPsec connection that works verry well. we can reachable the CCME from the LapTop with the Cisco VPN Client but the Ip communicator can't register.

Any body have an suggestion , we be appreciate the tips.

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure that IP Communicator can get the TFTP server through DHCP using option 150 or 66 (preferably 150) or that you have manually configured the TFTP server in IP Communicator as shown in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_tech_note09186a008026d36f.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks for your advice but we try to do Ip-Communicator with Cisco Call Manager Express version 4.0.(x) not with Call Manager (Windows).

If you have more information to share with us , we appreciate them.

Best Regards

Obviously define the ip address of the CCME 4.0 in the IP Communicator.

I had a registration problem with the same setup, and it turned out that it was because I had NAT enable on the CCME. Once I removed NAT, (the data was the outside interface, the voice was the inside), then the CIPC registered OK.

Also, you need to ensure that the ACLs for your VPN also allow for the voice network.

I attached you the topology of connection we try to do.

We have all IP permited betwen both lands.

When VPN client connected the router give them an IP address scope of 172.16.1.x and the router is the same that runn CCME and the local ip address is 192.168.1.1

I hope you understand my poor english thanks.

You will still need to define the TFTP server address even with CME. Please see the following link for instructions more explicitly for CME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805b21ba.html#wp1056345

Brandon

Brandon

We have configure on IP Communicator the tftp server with address 192.168.11.1 Attach at this message find our topology wants to do.

Our router is Cisco1760

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: