Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works 2.5 Vs 2.5.1

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have ciscoworks 2.5.1 running in my lab. I had to install Dec 2005 patches and many more patches to get it to work. My question is that if i oreder 2.5.1 and install it would i need to install any additional patches to get it to work?? any known issues

8 Replies 8

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am guessing you meant LMS 2.5 initially, as the Dec updates were actually LMS 2.5.1

If you order LMS 2.5.1 it would take you up to service pack 3 of each component, you could then just add the latest service pack, 4, to get additional device support and bug fixes.

many thanks for the response. can i order lms 2.5.1?

If Lms 2.5.1 is available would I have to install service pack 4 on top of it to make sure that i do not run into any issues? I will surely rate this post.

I believe that all new orders of LMS will contain LMS 2.5.1

If you receive LMS 2.5.1, then you may install service pack 4 on top of it.

If you already have LMS 2.5 and would like to install service pack 4, then you have to go via LMS 2.5.1 first. If that is the case, then you may download LMS 2.5.1 from (this requires LMS 2.5 to be installed first):

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms25

I just checked and LMS 2.5.1 is orderable as either an upgrade from a previous version of LMS (2.0, 2.1, 2.2) or as a full version.

It is a good idea to install service pack 4 on top of it just to add new device support and any bug fixes. However, the application will work fine without service pack 4 installed.

Hello,

I will surely rate this post. I do not see anything says service pack 4 on cco under ciscoworks download page, but if i go under lets say campus manager i see download option for 4.0.4, is that service pack 4?

Thanks

For service pack 4, you need to download it for each component: Common Services, RME, CM and DFM

You would go to the link for each product and then downloads

Hello,

I will surely rate this post. I do not see anything says service pack 4 on cco under ciscoworks download page, but if i go under lets say campus manager i see download option for 4.0.4, is that service pack 4?

Thanks

Yes, that is Service Pack 4 for Campus Manager.

You may find Service Pack 4 for Common Services, RME, and DFM in the same manner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: