cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to set up SSH

p.devalck
Level 1
Level 1

On Cisco3825 with IPVOICE feature set, the commands to set up SSH access are not accepted.

On the IOS software selector tool "Secure Shell SSH" is mentioned as supported.

Any suggestions ?

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Paul

Some more detail might help us to figure out your problem. What command did you issue that was not accepted? What error message did you get when you attempted that command? Knowing these might help understand the issue better.

To enable SSH you need to have generated crypto keys. To generate crypto keys you need to have a non-default router name and to have defined a domain name. Have you done these things?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have forwarded your response to the engineer doing the tests.

In fact, the settings of the parameters you mentioned (router name & domain name) were not both set.

So this has halped us out.

Thank you

Paul

I am glad that we were able to help you with this issue. The ratings system on the forum helps other readers recognize postings where they will see description of problems and will see suggestions that were helpful or that solved the issue. Rating posts is helpful to the entire community.

I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: