Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

DCDirectory - DSA Replication warning

Unanswered Question
May 11th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm getting this DSA Replication warning in my Event viewer. "DSA REPLICATION[18]Proc. 1021 Sev 14."

"DSA has been lost." Does anyone know what this means and if it's something I should be concerned about?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
milay Thu, 05/11/2006 - 19:06
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Yes, you should be concerned. This is telling you the pub's DCDirectory can not communicate with one or more of the subscribers to replicate it's data. This can eventually cause issues with Directory on the pub, best case.

Have you removed or reloaded any subscribers in the cluster recently? If yes then you need to get rid of the old replication agreements. If not you most likely have an issue with name resolution.

I can not stress this enough, MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP DCD & ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL NAME RESOLUTION ISSUES RESOLVED BEFORE YOU UTILIZE THIS PROCEDURE!

Look to this link to resolve your issue. This link needs the CCM releases updated but it IS valid for all 3.x & 4.x versions. If you do not feel comfortable executing then please pen a TAC case, as you have potential to loose all of your directory configuration.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008012b3c3.shtml

Mike

Actions

This Discussion