Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Using CLI to enter Mac local list on 1200 Series

Answered Question
May 16th, 2006
User Badges:

I have a number of 1200 series Ap's that are set up for MAC Authentication based on a local list only. From the GUI these addresses are entered from the Advanced Security Screen.

I wnt to find a method for entering them from the CLI but am running into a problem with the level 7 passwords that seem to be automaticly applied when the MAC addresses are added from the GUI.

If I enter MAC 0011.22aa.33ff from the GUI and then look at the config from the CLI it looks like this:

username xxx password xxxx

username xxxx autocommand exit

how do I do this from the CLI?

Correct Answer by a.kiprawih about 11 years 3 months ago

Hi,

I think if you need to enter lots of MAC Addresses into AP, the fastest way is to use CLI.

Refer to the following doc on how to configure MAC from CLI. Look under "Local Authenticator Access Point - Step 11"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341e72.html#wp1039558

If authentication is purely done via MAC, then you can do like the following example:

AP#config t

AP(config-radsrv)# user xxx password xxx group clerks mac-auth-only

Probably you need to use notepad to list all MAC (as username & password), then copy &paste to your AP's CLI.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
a.kiprawih Wed, 05/17/2006 - 20:11
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi,

I think if you need to enter lots of MAC Addresses into AP, the fastest way is to use CLI.

Refer to the following doc on how to configure MAC from CLI. Look under "Local Authenticator Access Point - Step 11"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080341e72.html#wp1039558

If authentication is purely done via MAC, then you can do like the following example:

AP#config t

AP(config-radsrv)# user xxx password xxx group clerks mac-auth-only

Probably you need to use notepad to list all MAC (as username & password), then copy &paste to your AP's CLI.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

tpelley Thu, 05/18/2006 - 06:00
User Badges:

Thanks,

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products