Views
Helpful
Replies

%ONLINE-SP-6-TIMER on CSG insertion

CSCO10235163
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am experiencing an issue with CSG card.

I'm trying to install it into a Catalyst 6500 with Sup720 running IOS 12.2(18)SXE5 but without success.

I don't know CSG actual release because I haven't other Catalyst on which testing it.

The error that I receive repeatedly on console is:

00:05:15: %ONLINE-SP-6-TIMER: Module 6, Proc. 0. Failed to bring online because of timer event

00:05:15: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 6 set off (Module Failed SCP dnld)

00:06:55: %ONLINE-SP-6-TIMER: Module 6, Proc. 0. Failed to bring online because of timer event

00:06:55: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 6 set off (Module Failed SCP dnld)

00:08:35: %ONLINE-SP-6-TIMER: Module 6, Proc. 0. Failed to bring online because of timer event

00:08:35: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 6 set off (Module Failed SCP dnld)

and the module remains in Power Down state with no possibility of reset:

Beta#hw-module module 6 reset

Proceed with reload of module?[confirm]

% module 6 is operationally off (Module Failed SCP dnld)

I looked for this error on CCO and it seems that the Catalyst itself should solve the problem, but it doen't happen.

I also tried to move CSG to other slots bur the result is still the same.

Does anyone know what is the cause of this behavior and how can I fix it?

Thanks a lot

Chiara

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

you have to get the card replaced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: