cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

where an interface is connected

zaqtivi
Level 1
Level 1

from the backbone routers, what other command beside "show ip route" could we use if we want to know what is the real router an interface is connected ?

help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

5 Replies 5

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

show cdp neigh detail is a good command to find what cisco devices is connected to another cisco devices. If the router/switches are non-cisco, show cdp will not them as CDP is cisco specific. I hope I udnerstood your question correctly.

Please rate helpful posts.

thanks bosalaza !

this is the scenario: i am working in an isp, i have access to our backbone routers.

i have a serial ip which i don't know from which access router this is 'physically located'.

i tried 'sh ip ro x.x.x.x' from an access router but it only gives me "directly connected, via Null0". i know that from it is not really 'directly' connected to that access router.

i am thinking what command should i run so as to know what access router this serial interface is really (and physically) connected to ?

thanks ..

Can you try below :

sh ip interface brief | in x.x.x.x (interface ip address)

HTH

Hardik..

i don't get anything when i run that command .. it just goes to the next "Router#" prompt ...

hi zaqtivi,,,

can you clear me your connectivity properly...

i reply this by assuming... is it like your router is connected remotly??? if so and if you have access to all router...then u can have tracerotue to perticular ip address and then the router befor your exact ip address telnet it and then run CDP on that router ...there may be possibliy ...it will work....

please reply me so will have clear idea

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card