cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages from subscribers not displaying subscriber name

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.05 w/CM integration - we currently have several Unity servers networked together and using digital networking/cross-box login features. I have followed the requirements for setting up digial networking and cross box login per the document. The problem report I have (without any further detail at this point) is that when users send messages through outlook (using viewmail), messages arriving from users on server A are identified by name, while the messages recieved from users on server B and C are displayed as coming from the 11 digit phone number (ex 19726361000)so it appears that they are being treated as external callers. Is there a configuraiton/setting I may have missed? I have confirmed that the ISM setting is not checked in the SA as well as the search scope / auto attendant is set to dialing domain. Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing here is that the display in the subject line is not of primary importance - is the message being left from another subscriber (i.e. is the sender the Unity MEssaging System account or the subscriber who sent the message?). More to the point, when they listen to the message over the phone or from the desktop is there an option to reply? If so then the message is indeed being left as a sub to sub issue and the problem is a more cosmitic issue with the construction of the text of the subject line. If that's the case then you can probably solve this by going to 4.2(1) which has the ability to dynamically construct the content of the subject line to get around this - but first we need to determine if the message is being left from a subscriber or as a true outside caller message.

Thanks, that gives me more info to go on in terms of collecting specific information. I will post what I find as soon as I get more info. If going to 4.21 is not an option, is there a way to "cosmetically" fix this - I suspect based on the few details i have that the From: is the extension of the Unity subscriber leaving the message on the other unity server, not the Unity messaging system account.I will verify this.

If the message is from a subscriber you can only customize the subject string if you're at 4.2(1) or later. There's no option for this in earlier versions, it's all hard coded in source.

So if we have three unity servers all at 4.05 sending messages to each other in one dialing domain, you are saying that the user is not seeing the from: as opposed to the ? I havent been able to get any further details on this "issue" as of yet however that is how it was described to me - one user gets from: the and the other two servers display the from < unity extension>. Definitely will have to get a screenshot from the users in question. Thanks.