Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Configuration Validation

fmatrine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have to implement the network as per the attached topology diagram.

Draft configuration is also attached.

Need ssistance to validate/fine tune the configuration before implementing it and making the network live.

Setup details:- 1) Primary datacenter and disaster datacenter site with cisco 3800 series routers.

2)Primary datacenter routers will be provisioned with channelized-E1 on one router and E1-PRI serving as backup on other router.

3)Disaster site will also be provisioned with primary link on channelized-E1 and E1-PRI as backup but on single router.

4)Head office location will be connected to both primary and disaster location on lease line , also DR site will be connected to Primary site and will form a mesh network.

5)Routing protocol used will be OSPF.

6)HO + Primary + Disaster site will be in OSPF area 0

7)There will be 40 Branch locations which will access data at primary site and disaster site using normal leased line with ISDN failover.

8)24 Locations will connect to primary site (channelized-E1)

9)16 Locations will connect to disaster site (Channelized-E1)

Traffic Flow:-

Branches (E.g br-1 as per diagram) will have three routes to access the central site data:-

1)Primarily br-1 will connect to primary datacenter router-Main-A.

2)If either channelized E1 link of router-Main-A or lease line of br-1 fails ... branch will dial to primary site alternate router i.e, Main-B on using ISDN dialup (Primary site router-Main-B will have E1-PRI link for catering backup to channelized E1 link failure.

3)If both channelized E1 and PRI link of primary site fails, Br-1 will dial in to disaster site router i.e DR-A for accessing the resources.

Traffic Flow Summary:-

br-5 to br-9 will also have same flow.

Primary site for br5 to br-9 will be DR-A and secondary backup will be MAIN-B

Similarly Primary site for br-1 to br-4 routers will be MAIN-A and MAIN-B router and secondary backup will be DR-A router.

I hope i am successful in explaining you the topology...

Look forward to hear from someone...

Regards

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have posted exactly the same question on the WAN Routing and Switching forum. I suggest that we consolidate the discussion to that forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

No issues

Regards

Hi,

Any suggestions...

Regards

Hi,

Any suggestions...

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: