cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2nd language call handlers

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I'm configuring a unity 4.0.5 um system and need to set the auto attendant for 2 languages. I've got the languages installed and enabled. Now I need to configure the callhdlrs.

Basically, caller gets asked to hit 1 for english, 2 for spanish. Then the greeting etal, play in that language.

Do I need to duplicate all the call hdlrs for each languages or is there an easier way to do it?

I thought of using the inherited option but don't see how the recorded greeting would play in 2 languages unless a seperate ch is uses, one recorded in english and the other in spanish.

Rob

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In Unity you will have to use seperate hanndlers that play greetings in different languages - in Connection a single handler has a set of greetings which you can add for each language you want it to play - which is a bit nicer (although 1.1 Connection has a couple bugs in this area - the 1.2 release coming out in a few weeks has smoothed them out).

But for Unity a handler has one set of greeting rules associated with it, not multiple - so for multiple language auto attendant applications you will need seperate handlers. You might consider using the Audio Text Manager application -you'll find it in the tools depot on your desktop- since it makes creating such trees of handlers much quicker and easier than using the web based SA for such things.