cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS SLB and LCS ( Live Communication Server) on Windows 2003

colin.ellis
Level 1
Level 1

This maybe more of a microsoft issue than cisco, but just wondered if anyone had come across this and what the resolution was.

Using IOS SLB load balancing over 2 windows 2003 servers running Live Communication Server ( LCS ) application. All be it from the workstation the user can log in and see others logged in no messages could be exchanged. Looking at the Cisco documentation for windows 2000 it states to create a secondary address or loopback address on each server using the virtual server ip address with a class A mask. It then instructs you to delete the route created by this which has a gateway address of the virtual server and an interface address of the actual network card. In windows 2003 you are not able to delete this wheras you are in 2000. This I believe prevents any TCP connections being established but UDP connections are seen. I have proven this by using windows 2000 and FTP. In this instance TCP connections are established and load balancing works.

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, I don't think this is supported by Windows 2000. I don't really don't know if the workaround is to upgrade it to windows 2003 or if there's any patch available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: