Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

How to make a CDR Analysis and reporting query

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2006
User Badges:

I think that I can do a query in CAR that shows me the lost calls in the part CDR>search>by cause of call termination but I don't know how beacause I try it selecting the 18 and 19 option and the results that I get are not really.

Am I doing anything wrong?. How can I do it?.

Thanks, Carlos.

Overall Rating: 1.7 (3 ratings)
omendieta77 Mon, 05/29/2006 - 06:49
User Badges:

Why don't you try to enter to the Query Analizer

of SQL. Start>Programs>Microsoft SQL Server>Query Analyzer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a00802e282c.html#wp35240

The link shows the different causes,

Then you choose the appropiate database,(CDR), then you can write:

Select *

from CallDetailRecord

where origCause_value = '18' or destCause_value = '18'

I'm not sure if the fields in the query are the right ones, but if you read the link I'm sure that you can verify.

Hope it works,

Omendieta

carlostrapiello Mon, 05/29/2006 - 07:45
User Badges:

I can't folllow this link because I haven't a CCO account because it is a partner account and this query doesn't works (invalid objet name CallDetailRecord).

In fact, This isn't a helpful answer because the graphic interface of CAR are making the same that a query to the SQL database of CCM and I said before that it doesn't works.

yshraybman Mon, 05/29/2006 - 11:15
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

CAR only does very very basic reporting. It only has handful of basic queries. Plus CAR interface always has some kind of bugs. So, like in previous reply you need SQL. Use this link for reference http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d71c5.shtml

You better get friends with SQL otherwise you won't get anywhere with CAR (besides basic reporting).

Or you can purchase third-party full blown reporting tool.

carlostrapiello Mon, 05/29/2006 - 12:29
User Badges:

I only have CAR application to make reports and I like it and I won't change it for another third-party application, I only use Cisco applications and I can't follow this document because the objet CallDetailRecord gives me an error.

omendieta77 Mon, 05/29/2006 - 12:52
User Badges:

Well, CAR is useful but not all the time. So that's why SQL becomes a friend to get the reports that CAR can't give you.

I'm attaching a PDF, I hope it works.

If don't, do not focus on CAR, try other tools.

Have a nice day!.

Omendieta

Fields of the database.

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion