cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router compatibility

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

what resources do you recommend for finding hardware and limitations for various cisco routers? Example - i have a 2621xm router supporting one PRI, and three private T-1. i need to add a DIA and another private T-1 . i need to know if the 2621xm can handle all of these circuits or if i need to upgrade.

thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You need to check up the max no of network modules it can take in .

Based on the same you can plan your network connectivity accordingly.

The best piece of info can be had from the datasheets available on the products which can help u out to find the no of modules and the kinda modules it can take in.

one you are done with the hardware limitation then you can check out for the required software code to be there in your router to support the modules.

that can be checked thru software advisor tool which is again available in cco..

regds

ganesh.atreya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I strongly recommend using ciscos Config manager available in tools.cisco.com which will give you the information you are looking for

Regards,

Ganesh

will do - thanks everyone for the input.

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

hi Jerry,,,

u will find all the details in cisco website...as well as u will get more help from this link also

http://www.alliancedatacom.com/manufacturers/cisco-systems/routers/

please rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card