cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does LMS2.5 keep copy of config

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

Does it keep it in /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/archive? or somewhere else? I have about 200 devices and I don't see nothing under archive directory.

9 Replies 9

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to see them in plain text on the HD go to :

var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow/

You might need to enable the shadow directory first though:

Stop the ConfigMgmtServer process. To do this follow this procedure:

Select Common Services > Server > Admin > Processes.

The Process Management dialog box appears.

Select the ConfigMgmtServer process.

Click Stop.

Select Resource Manager Essentials > Admin > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt.

The Archive Settings dialog box appears.

Select the Enable Shadow Directory check box.

Click Apply.

A message shows that the changes were made.

Restart the ConfigMgmtServer process. To do this follow this procedure:

Select Common Services > Server > Admin > Processes.

The Process Management dialog box appears.

Select the ConfigMgmtServer process.

Click Start.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look in /var/adm/rme/dcma/shadow. I believe that is the file structure location for current config files (along with /var/adm/rme/dcma/config - which contains muliple versions in addition to the current one)

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

In LMS 2.5, the shadow directory is disabled by default.

Go to:

RME -> Administration -> Configuration Management

Click on Archive Mgmt (under TOC)

Select Enable Shadow Directory and click on Apply

Once you enable it, you will see where the configs are saved. You will have to update the archive for the shadow directory to be populated.

Hi, I have carried out the actions detailed in your post but it seems to have only partially worked.

In ...\RME\DCMA\Shadow\ I now have a folder that has automatically been created called 'Switches and Hubs', within this there are two other folders; 'Primary' and 'Vlan'. After having done an archive update there are only 12 or so configs in the 'Primary' folder but all the devices are in the 'Vlan' folder. Anybody any ideas please?

No devices fail to be archived according to the 'Job' status.

Thank you in advance.

I think you only get a config in there when there was a change.

Changing a "." in the motd banner on your devices using netconfig would fill the shadow directory up I think.

The shadow directory only contains the latest versionit managed to download, not the X last version.

That is only available via the gui.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi, thanks for you response. The 'Primary' directory does have some devices in it and these haven't had any changes to the config since I enabled the 'Shadow' directory. I've raised a call with our support agency to see if they can shed any light- I'll keep the post updated.

RME listens to certain events that may indicate a change(a reboot, someone doing a shut,no shut on an interface). These events trigger a download to compare the config to the ones he has internaly.

I guess this will also be the moment where he checks if the shadow directory needs an update.

Tour credentail verification report for the devices doesn't indicate any problems?

Cheers,

Michel

Hi, the Cisco TAC have stated (as others have in reply to this post) that a change in the config has to occur for the shadow directory to occur. However on a differnet network with an identical installation of LMS, enabling the 'shadow' directory brought about an instant poulation of all configs! I didn't even force an archive update!

Another solution I have been given (TAC) to populate the directory is to export using cwcli.exe export command. I can supply the exact syntax if required. Thanks for all of the help.

Hi,

I have the same problem, there are no directory "PRIMARY" and configuration files under "shadow" directory.

I try to change configuration in the one device and save the configuration, and the "PRIMARY" and device configuration appear under "shadow" directory.

Thanks for your advice.

Best Regards,

Aris Cahyadi R.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco