Two computers connected in the same port dot1x in 3750 in different time.

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2006
User Badges:

I have the following consultation.

I have a "computer A" connected to a port of switch 3750, configured with: dot1x port-control auto

dot1x timeout quiet-period 5

The "computer A" is authorized.

When I disconnect the "computer A" and I connect a "Computer B", this is not connected, but when I connect the "computer A" again if is connected.

How many time I should expect to be able to connect the "computer B" in the same port of the 3750?

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Anand Narayana Fri, 06/02/2006 - 22:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

your question is not clear, can you explain more in detail with diagram(if possible)

Roberto Salazar Fri, 06/02/2006 - 23:42
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

When the switch cannot authenticate the client, the switch remains idle for a set period of time and then tries again. The dot1x timeout quiet-period interface configuration command controls the idle period. A failed authentication of the client might occur because the client provided an invalid password. You can provide a faster response time to the user by entering a number smaller than the default.

The value after the quiet-period is in seconds, so in your case, the switch will wait five seconds before it re-tries for another authentication for the new device connected.

Please rate helpful posts.

Actions

This Discussion