cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening Greeting - Extension Transfer goes into hold

Steven Juras
Level 1
Level 1

This is a new Unity installation with an Integration with Call Manager Express (CCME) 4.0.

When a caller is picked up by the Opening Greeting Call Handler, the caller has the option to dial a subscribers extension directly and by-pass the greeting. The caller hears the message "please wait while I try that extension" but then the caller is put on hold indefinately.

Am I missing something here? Why is the caller put on hold - for several minutes?

4 Replies 4

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Unity/TSP and CME are you using? For CME, is it 12.4(4)XC1?

Here are the version notes:

CME version is 12.4(4)XC

Unity is build 4.0(5.0)

TSP Version is 8.1(2)2

k_satish80
Level 1
Level 1

Go to SQL Enterprise Manager > Unity Server > Unitydb > Tables > Messaging Rules, and look for the record that has the time expired different than null. For example, 11/20/2004. Change it to null. This helps the call handler to start work without the issue.

!!! FIXED !!!

Issue resolved - in the integration menu there's a check box that asks if the server is a Call Manager Express. I swear that was checked - maybe in the lab it was. Once this was checked and saved I restarted the unity server and all was fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: