Views
Helpful
Replies

4507R Power Supply Question

IHCowan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 4507R with 2 1400W power supplies. I want to connect 1 to a 240 Volt, 20 Amp circuit and the other to a standard 120 Volt circuit.

Is this allowed?

With 2 SUP 5 cards and a 48 port SFP and a 48 port RJ-45 blade installed, would the 120 Volt circuit provide enough power to the switch if the 240 Volt circuit went down?

Thanks, Ian.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

This should be an okay configuration. The 1400W power input range is between 100V and 240V, the output will depend on how much input power. I do not have information on how much power each line card will require but a quick show power detail will tell you how power each of your line card will need and how much power each PS is outputting. The output will allow you calculate whether the 120 V will have enough power for the system.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

This should be an okay configuration. The 1400W power input range is between 100V and 240V, the output will depend on how much input power. I do not have information on how much power each line card will require but a quick show power detail will tell you how power each of your line card will need and how much power each PS is outputting. The output will allow you calculate whether the 120 V will have enough power for the system.