cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix performance with 1000 lines (Access-list)

obacati21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I 've a big issue. I'm working with 2 pix (515, 64 MB, UR and FO, ...) with 6 interfaces and 1000 lines in 4 ACL and lots of traffic (10 to 100 Mbps by interface during working hours and backup). Each time I launch PDM, active unit become standby before opening GUI. Very Strange !!

I'am trying to purge configuration but i'am afraid that 515 are too smalls for my desgin !! True or False ???

Thanks

Olivier

3 Replies 3

sean
Level 3
Level 3

Accessing your GUI is what is forcing your active to go to standby. The launching of the GUI on your pix is probably taxing your cpu and mem until it is through opening. As such, this device loses its ability to poll or respond to polls for the failover. Hope this helps.

i believe it is maxing your cpu cycles, the 525 might be a needed upgrade with that much traffic, or even the big daddy 535

or maybe even do the tough task of cleaning up your acls :-) i would look at the ASA series if you need to upgrade hardware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card