Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

CCIE Voice

Unanswered Question
Jun 13th, 2006
User Badges:

Hello Experts,

I have been working in Telecom world now for more that 6 years and have been working in IPT world for more than 3 years. I don't have any certifications and willing to work very hard to get my CCIE Voice. What is the best and shortest way to get this certification. Could please let me know if you recommand any online Reading, Training or any shortcuts that can help to speed up this process?

Thanks,

BT

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Tue, 06/13/2006 - 12:18
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

BT,

There is an Ask the experts section from Ben (proctor for CCIE V-lab). you may ask your questions there too.

I would say time management is very critical. You have to put yourself through 3-6 months of studying + practice full 8 hours labs under strict time management.

I would recommend that you use workbooks from ipexpert, trinet..which are very popular. You may also go through a bootcamp, but at an added cost of 4k-5k$..

I would recommend reading

a. technotes available on cco

b. srnd guide

c. CM system, admin and feature gyide

d. CCO doc cd --- get familiar with this, in and out

HTH

Sankar

gpulos Tue, 06/13/2006 - 12:56
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

the IPEXPERT.COM ccie voice workbook and proctor guide are excellent tools. (~ $1150)

of course you need access to a lab worth of equipment. either setup in home/office or rent-a-rack from many online rack rentals like VRack.

jneiberger Tue, 06/13/2006 - 20:16
User Badges:

I would recommend beginning with the CCVP certification as a warmup. You'll learn lots of good stuff along the way. Read a lot and look for the word "Note: " in Cisco books and documentation. The words that follow that word are generally pretty helpful. :-)

As far as reading goes, I'd suggest reading CallManager Fundamentals, 2nd edition. You might even want to read through IP Telephony Troubleshooting, but you might have already read that for the troubleshooting portion of the CCVP track.

If you can get your hands on a lab system then you're in great shape!

John

yshraybman Wed, 06/14/2006 - 06:12
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

In order to get to CCVP you need to pass CCNA. It's 6 exams total (CCNA-1, CCVP-5). Not really the shortest and quickest way. Actually CCIE written test is easier than CCVP because it does not have as many details as in CCVP.

Actions

This Discussion