Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame Relay, EIGRP; RIP; GRE

ciscothejam00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can anyone go through my configuration and advice.

Especially for the EIGRP/RIP Distribution, and Frame Relay configuration.

regards

fady

4 Replies 4

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Fady,

Just a fast look.

I'd advise you to recheck:

router eigrp 10

no auto-summary

router rip

version 2

redistribute eigrp 10 metric 2

no auto-summary

Vlad

Thanks man,

But can you tell me why you've added the "no auto-summary"??? and why you have put metric 2 when redistributing EIGRP into RIP???

regards

Fady

by default subnet routes are summarized to classful network route...so here by "no auto-summary"command you are advertiseing the subnet, not summary of subnet...accross the networks...

regards

Devang

As devang explained if you have VLSM on your network and you are using rip version 2 and EIGRP , no auto-summary will enable your routers to send subnets not only classfull networks like 10.0.0.0

On rip and EIGRP you need to set a metric to the routes redistributed.

"The metrics of one routing protocol do not necessarily translate into the metrics of another. For example, the RIP metric is a hop count and the EIGRP metric is a combination of five metric values. In such situations, a dynamic metric is assigned to the redistributed route. Redistribution in these cases should be applied consistently and carefully in conjunction with inbound filtering to avoid routing loops. "

Hope this help a bit,

please rate this post if it does, I'd appreciate.

Vlad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card