Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

unity express cli username

Unanswered Question
Jun 15th, 2006
User Badges:

Hi.

while adding some users to a unity express, found out I had to add licenses. when I entered the router "service-module service engine session cmd, I am being prompted for a username/password, after the banner is displayed.

I have no idea where this came from. Is there some kind of default name/paswd that is created during the initial build?

thanks

Rob

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Fri, 06/16/2006 - 06:43
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Rob,

When you enter "service-module service-engine 0/0 session", the next thing you should see is "Trying x.x.x.x, 2194 ... Open" where x.x.x is the IP address of the interface in the ip unnumbered statement for the CUE service engine and 2194 refers to the line number used to access CUE. CUE uses a line just like console and telnet sessions for access. If you do a "show run", you should see a line for CUE. In this example it would be line 194. Make sure the configuration for this line does not have a login or password statement.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

rvincent Thu, 06/22/2006 - 08:42
User Badges:

Brandon;

what happens is when you enter the seesion cmd, you see the banner, then get prompted for username.

I am able to access the UE by using the username and password that was configured on the router.

Still not sure how this got into the UE config

thanks

Rob

Markus Schneider Thu, 06/22/2006 - 08:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

It's not in the UE config. You have something (authentication) configured under the lines in the router configuration.

Actions

This Discussion