Views
Helpful
Replies

Login user/pass for Cisco 1751-V

itachi.uchiha
Level 1
Level 1

Goodevening to everyone!

i'm new in the world of router and i need to do a port forward with my router (Cisco 1751-V). i don't know exactly what i must do, but i read at PortForwarding.com that i must login in my router for set the port, but i don't know how to do that!!

also i'm Italian and i have only a little experience with English language!

If someone could help me i'll be very happy of this!!

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

If you want to configure the router through the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI), you must connect the router console port to a terminal or PC. The cable and adapter required for this connection are included with the router.

To configure the router with a PC, the PC must have some type of terminal emulation software installed. The software should be configured with the following parameters: 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control. Refer to the Cisco 1700 Router Software Configuration Guide for detailed information about configuring the router using Cisco IOS software.

This link should start you in the right direction:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080091694.html#wp1015235

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Bosalaza,

thanks for your answer! But i have another one question (for now ^^):

you wrote

"...you must connect the router console port to a terminal or PC. The cable and adapter required for this connection are included with the router. "

But i don't have any cable or adapter infact i received this router from a friend!

Can i connect the router with a normal LAN crossover cable, or i need some specific cable??

Thanks again for your patience!

Sure, you can if the 1751 already have an ip address configured, you can always connect a PC directly to it's LAN port with a cross-over and telnet to it using the IP address. It must have an IP address and you must know what it is. If you neither know the ip address or the router is nto configured yet with an ip address, I am afraid you are going to need to find a console cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: