Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

7960 not parsing asp page.

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2006
User Badges:

If I use a browser and goto the website for ldap it displays my search functions just fine. When I try to view it thourgh my phone it just displays the ASP_main.asp source code.

What am I doing wrong here?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
XmlEquals Wed, 06/21/2006 - 08:55
User Badges:

IP Phones don't show render web pages (HTML). You have to use the Cisco IP Phone XML API.

fittdog8848 Wed, 06/21/2006 - 11:34
User Badges:

OK how do I get the server to use the API? I understand the process now. Is the API running on the CCM be default? And if my weather and other asp configs are working why wouldn't this one respond with the XML object?

XmlEquals Wed, 06/21/2006 - 12:01
User Badges:

I should mention that I don't know what website you are navigating to with LDAP search functions.

But, in general, one has to create new webpages which serve XML content to the phone. There is no magic switch on any website (including CCMAdmin) that will make them work with IP Phones.

You would have to develop a new website which services Cisco IP Phone-specific XML

fittdog8848 Wed, 06/21/2006 - 12:34
User Badges:

OK.......I am using IP communicator on a seperate box. I would like this box to output XML pages to the phone. So do I load an XML parser on that webserver?

Would I be better off using the CCM plugin for directories and just integrate the Call Managers into the domain? We wanted to avoid that by using the seperate web server.

fittdog8848 Wed, 06/21/2006 - 15:18
User Badges:

So I am starting to think the SDK pack was meant to be loaded on the CCM. Otherwise why would they supply a PAK that install ASP configs that did not translate to XML?

XmlEquals Wed, 06/21/2006 - 16:15
User Badges:

What's your goal here? To allow a user to search the LDAP directory on the phone?

fittdog8848 Wed, 06/21/2006 - 16:39
User Badges:

Yes exactly. We have them searching the CCM directory but are trying to get them to be able to use the LDAP directory.

stephan.steiner Thu, 06/22/2006 - 03:56
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Have a look at the multidirectory sample in the SDK and see all the threads about that subject.

Looking at all the the threads I must say I'm rather glad I wrote my own directory lookup that can handle any LDAP directory and MS Exchange.. at least I get to see all the source code down to the query I make so I don't have t look at ActiveX error codes and scratch my head.. I just start the debugger to find out what's going on.

Actions

This Discussion